[spb_text_block animation=”none” animation_delay=”0″ padding_vertical=”0″ padding_horizontal=”0″ width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]
When you plan to renovate your kitchen, it’s only natural to follow all the tips provided by your architect. Here’s a list of some kitchen renovation mistakes to avoid that you should be aware of and need to discuss with your architect or contractor.
[/spb_text_block] [spb_image image=”16657″ image_size=”full” frame=”noframe” intro_animation=”none” animation_delay=”200″ fullwidth=”no” lightbox=”yes” link_target=”_self” caption_pos=”hover” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”] [spb_text_block animation=”none” animation_delay=”0″ padding_vertical=”0″ padding_horizontal=”0″ width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]
While it is important to follow all the suggestions and tips given by experts during the remodelling of your kitchen, it is also necessary to be aware and spot a few common mistakes. Here is a list of some common kitchen renovation mistakes to avoid during your remodelling or refurbishing in the kitchen. This is not a comprehensive list, but some basic blunders to avoid.
- Low Lighting: A very common goof- up, most people don’t consider this an important aspect of their remodelling process. Some of them choose to go to a retailer and buy whatever is on sale. That’s not a good idea! Lightning is very important in the kitchen, you don’t want to work in a dim light and I am sure you don’t fancy having dinner in low lighting as well. Lighting should be considered during the planning process and it should complement your kitchen’s wall colour.
- Spend Wisely on Appliances: You certainly don’t need a six burner stove, perhaps, a 4 burner stove is enough for your family. They key here is to minimize the amount of appliances kept in the kitchen. You need to have ample amount of space to do your cooking and all the prep work efficiently. If your kitchen counter or if you’re lucky enough to have a kitchen island or platform is cluttered with appliances, it’s tough to work in your kitchen. Also, invest your money in quality appliances which would last you for a really long time. Buying a refrigerator, oven, microwave is not like buying clothes. You invest in them in every 5-10 years, so it’s best to go with a brand and model you can trust, also check what after service support they will offer.
- Quality Kitchen Cabinets: Your cabinet should have extra space to store all your appliances and utensils. Although a flat looking cabinet looks sleek and stylish, it also decreases storage space. The quality of the cabinet should also be good, because you will be opening and closing them all the time, so they’ll be prone to constant wear and tear. The colour of your cabinets does not necessarily need to match with other furniture in your kitchen, but it should at least complement the wall colour. In this case, neutral colours are perfect for the kitchen wall colours.
- Kitchen Flooring: Flooring is another important aspect to consider, avoid wood flooring and go for quality tiles that can withstand the constant wear from foot traffic. There are so many options to consider, you just need to research and find out the one that suits your kitchen best. If you need more assistance, speak to our designers at email@example.com
- Block Ventilation: Even if your kitchen is very small, it’s best not to cover up every inch of your kitchen with cabinets and shelving space. Natural light is essential in your kitchen, as it gives a fresh feeling to your kitchen, which is essential especially when you wake up and grab that cup of coffee every morning.
[/spb_text_block] [spb_image image=”16647″ image_size=”full” frame=”noframe” intro_animation=”none” animation_delay=”200″ fullwidth=”no” lightbox=”yes” link_target=”_self” caption_pos=”hover” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]