Small kitchens can be a challenge to work with, but with some smart ideas, you can maximise the space and create a functional and stylish kitchen.
In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the best ways to make the most of your small kitchen.
1. Use Vertical Space: When space is limited, it’s important to utilise every inch of available space. This means using the walls for storage by installing shelves or hanging hooks for pots and pans. You can also install cabinets that go all the way up to the ceiling to maximise vertical space.
2. Choose Multi-Functional Appliances: Small kitchens require appliances that can perform multiple functions. For example, a combination microwave and oven or a fridge with a built-in freezer. This will help you save space while still having access to all the necessary appliances.
3. Install a Pull-Out Pantry: A pull-out pantry is a great way to utilise narrow spaces in your kitchen. These pantries can be installed between cabinets or in a small gap between the wall and fridge, providing additional storage space for food and cooking supplies.
4. Use Mirrors and Lighting: Mirrors can create the illusion of more space in a small kitchen. A mirrored backsplash or cabinet doors can reflect light and make the space feel larger. Additionally, good lighting is essential in a small kitchen. Adding under-cabinet lighting can brighten up the space and make it easier to see what you’re doing when cooking.
5. Choose Smart Storage Solutions: Maximising storage space in a small kitchen requires creative solutions. Consider installing a corner lazy susan or pull-out drawers in deep cabinets. You can also use tension rods to create extra storage space for cutting boards and baking sheets.
6. Keep it Simple: Finally, when designing a small kitchen, it’s important to keep things simple. Avoid cluttering the space with too many decor items or appliances. Stick to a neutral colour palette and streamline your design choices to create a cohesive look that makes the space feel open and airy.
Maximising a small kitchen requires smart ideas and creative solutions. By using vertical space, multi-functional appliances, pull-out pantries and smart storage solutions, you can create a functional and stylish kitchen that works for you. Remember to keep it simple and use mirrors and lighting to create the illusion of more space. With these tips, your small kitchen can become a space you love to cook and entertain in.